Firefighters battle blaze at Rachael Ray’s upstate New York home

LAKE LUZERNE, New York — Fire tore through the home of celebrity chef Rachael Ray in Lake Luzerne, New York Sunday evening.

Ray and her family were home when the fire started around 7:30 p.m. Sunday. They escaped without injuries, according to WTEN.

“Rachael, her husband John and their dog Bella are safe. The house is unfortunately damaged and we don’t yet know to what extent,” a spokesperson for Ray said in a statement.

A witness told The Sun Community News that it appeared to start as a chimney fire and grew shooting flames 70 feet into the night sky.

Ray had been videotaping cooking segments from the home because of the pandemic since the beginning of the pandemic according to The New York Post.

Fire officials do not believe the cause of the fire is suspicious.

mobile apps

Everything you love about theboneonline.com and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!