1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Ultimate Tailgate Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to (i) legal U.S. residents of the State of Florida; (ii) residing in Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, and Sarasota counties; and (iii) who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Tampa (“Sponsor”), Terrier Media Buyer, Inc., CXR Radio, LLC (d/b/a WSUN), Great Bay Distributors, Inc., Pepin Distributing Co., Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC, Ferman Automotive Group, and their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Sweepstakes or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Sweepstakes event.
3. How to Enter, Finalist Selection, Odds. The Sweepstakes will begin on September 13, 2020 at 8:00 am. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and end on January 31, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
The following stations are participating in this Sweepstakes (each, a “Station”):
- Hot 101.5, WPOI-FM (www.hot1015tampabay.com)
- 97X, WSUN (www.97xonline.com)
- 102.5 The Bone, WHPT (www.theboneonline.com)
- 107.3 The Eagle, WXGL (www.1073theeagle.com)
Check each Station’s Website, social media feed, and listen to the broadcast for details. Sweepstakes details are also available at Scorethistruck.com.
The Sweepstakes consists of (i) weekly drawings for the on-site and QR-scanning methods of entry which will determine weekly qualifiers; (ii) a drawing from among the pool of each participating locations’ weekly qualifiers to determine the finalists; and (iii) a drawing from among all eligible mail-in entries to determine the additional finalists.
Entry Methods and Entry Periods
There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to be selected as a grand prize drawing finalist (each, a “Finalist”):
1. Scanning QR Codes on-site at participating Ferman Chevrolet locations
- Ferman Chevrolet Entry Period: September 13, 2020 – January 9, 2021. See participating Ferman locations for hours of operation.
2. Scanning QR Codes at participating remote locations
- QR Code Entry Period: September 13, 2020 – January 9, 2021. See www.scorethistruck.com, Station websites/social media feeds, and participating locations for hours of operation.
3. Mail-in Entry
- Entry Period: September 13, 2020 – January 24, 2021.
Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
Scanning QR Codes:
On-site entry at Ferman Chevrolet locations
You may enter the Sweepstakes by scanning the Sweepstakes QR Code in person at any of the following Ferman Chevrolet locations (each, a “Participating Ferman Location”) during the Ferman Chevrolet Entry Period:
- Ferman Chevrolet of Tampa: 9751 Adamo Dr., Tampa, FL 33619
- Ferman Chevrolet – North Dale Mabry: 16414 N. Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa, FL 33618
- Ferman Chevrolet – Tarpon Springs: 43520 US Highway 19, North Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
You may enter to participate in each locations’ weekly drawing by scanning the applicable QR code and/or filling out the official entry form with all required information at any Participating Ferman Location between September 13, 2020 and January 9, 2021. See Participating Ferman Locations for hours of operation or any changes to the entry method due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control.
Starting September 21, 2020, on the Monday at the end of each week during the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select one (1) qualifier winner from among all eligible entries received at such Participating Ferman Location during such week. A “week” is defined as Sunday through Saturday. A total of seventeen (17) qualifier winners (one per week) will be selected (Sept. 21, 2020 – Jan. 11, 2021) at each Participating Ferman Location. Odds of being selected as a weekly qualifier depend on the number of eligible entries received.
On or about January 25, 2021, Sponsor will select one (1) Finalist winner for each Participating Ferman Location in a random drawing from among all eligible weekly qualifier winners for each Participating Ferman Location. A total of three (3) Finalists will be selected. Odds of being selected as a Finalist from each Participating Ferman Location: 1:17.
On-site entry at other participating locations
Additionally, you may enter by scanning Sweepstakes QR codes at other participating locations by listening to each Station for the announcement of the host participating location and/or a Sweepstakes remote broadcast at a participating area location (each, a “Remote”) or visit www.scorethistruck.com for updated information. Starting September 13, 2020 and ending on January 9, 2021 (the “QR Entry Period”), each participating location will post the Sweepstakes QR code and each Station will host Remotes at select participating area locations on Sundays during the Sweepstakes. A total of 74 Remotes will be hosted during the Sweepstakes Period.
You may enter each location’s weekly drawing by visiting the location and scanning the Sweepstakes QR code at any time during the QR Code Entry Period. See Participating Locations for hours of operation or any changes to the entry method due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control.
Starting September 21, 2020, on the Monday at the end of each week during the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select one (1) qualifier winner from among all eligible entries received at such Remote Location during such week. A “week” is defined as Sunday through Saturday. A total of seventeen (17) qualifier winners (one per week) will be selected (Sept. 21, 2020 – Jan. 11, 2021) for each Remote Location. Odds of being selected a qualifier depend on the number of eligible entries received.
On or about January 25, 2021, Sponsor will select one (1) Finalist winner for each Remote Location in a random drawing from among all eligible weekly qualifier winners for each Remote Location. A maximum of one (1) Finalist from each Remote Location will be selected (total of seventy-four (74) Finalists). Odds of being selected as a Finalist from each Remote Location: 1:17.
You may also enter without scanning any QR codes or visiting any participating locations. To enter by mail, send a 3″ x 5″ card or piece of paper hand-printed with your complete name, address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code, birth date, email address and daytime and evening phone numbers (with area code) in a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Cox Media Group Tampa, Attn: Score This Truck, 11300 4th St N., St. Petersburg, FL 33716. Participants entering via the mail method of entry will receive one (1) entry into the finalist drawing per envelope received. Each entry must be received by January 24, 2021 to be eligible. Each request must be mailed separately and must be original and handwritten. Limit one (1) request per stamped outer mailing envelope. No mechanically reproduced, computer generated, or photocopied requests permitted. All such requests will be void and will not be fulfilled. Sponsor not responsible for lost, late misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, or postage due mail.
On or about January 25, 2021, Sponsor will select up to seventy-seven (77) Finalists in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received via the mail-in method of entry. Odds of being selected as a Finalist from among eligible main-in entries depends on the number of eligible entries received.
General Terms applicable to all methods of entry
You may enter as often as you wish under any method of entry, but will only be selected as a Finalist once per location.
Any winning contestant must be the same person who originally entered to participate in the Sweepstakes. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Sweepstakes on another person’s behalf. A contestant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Florida driver’s license or Florida state-issued ID (or other proof of Florida residency, such as a copy of a utility bill). If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes and be ineligible to win any prize.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to closure/cancellation of a participating location or remote, transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Grand Prize Winner Selection and Odds.
Grand Prize Reverse Drawing
On or about, January 31, 2021, Sponsor will conduct the Grand Prize Reverse Drawing at a Yet-To-Be-Determined Location Between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. EST. To participate, each eligible Finalist must be in attendance and register with a Sweepstakes administrator, designated by Sponsor, between 10:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. EST. Any Finalist who is not present for the Grand Prize Reverse Drawing, or arrives after registration has closed, may be disqualified. Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner by reverse drawing (defined below) from among all Finalists. The maximum odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:154.
Reverse Drawing. When a Finalist registers, he/she will be instructed to write his/her name on an official entry ball and place it inside a bingo hopper. After registration closes, the Sweepstakes administrator will select one (1) entry form at a time by random drawing from the bingo hopper. When a ball is selected, Sponsor will announce the name written on it, and the corresponding Finalist will be eliminated from the Sweepstakes. This will continue until only one (1) Finalist remains. The last remaining Finalist will be declared the Grand Prize Winner.
5. Prize Description.
Subject to Sponsor’s verification of winner’s eligibility, each Finalist will receive the following:
- One (1) Station t-shirt and one (1) DVD, selected by Sponsor.
- Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $20
- Total maximum ARV of all Finalists prizes: $3,080
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) 2020 Chevrolet Silverado vehicle with a pre-determined set of standard factory options, features, and color (subject to availability) to be selected by Ferman Chevrolet at its sole discretion (the “Prize Car”). Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”) is $33,000.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. All Finalists will be contacted by the station’s Promotions Department no later than January 27, 2021 at the contact information provided on such entry materials.
The Grand Prize winner will be notified in person at the close of the Grand Prize drawing.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must provide their contact information (including email address) and any requested for documentation by the station within a timely manner. Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within five (5) business days/hours of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and forfeiture of all interest in any prize and the selection of an alternate winner.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
To claim the prize and take possession of the Prize Car, Grand Prize winner must show proof of a valid driver’s license and insurance. Grand Prize winner is responsible for complying with all requirements related to registration, licensing and titling of the Prize Car in prize winner’s state. Grand Prize winner must take delivery of and title to the Prize Car at a location designated by Ferman Chevrolet. Neither Ferman Chevrolet nor Sponsor is responsible for delivery of the Prize Car to Grand Prize winner’s location.
THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE ANY TAXES, TITLE, INSURANCE, LICENSE FEES, AND ALL OTHER COSTS THAT ARE NOT EXPRESSLY LISTED IN THE PRIZE DESCRIPTION AND THAT ARE INCURRED IN CLAIMING, REGISTERING, TAKING POSSESSION OF, OR USING THE PRIZE CAR. Sponsor will determine all Prize Car options including, but not limited to, motor, powertrain, suspension, brakes, and exterior and interior colors. The Grand Prize winner will be responsible for all costs associated with any upgrade or options not included in the prize description. Sponsor does not make and is not responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, whether express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize Car including but not limited to its quality, fitness for any purpose, or mechanical condition. The Prize Car will be delivered solely with the express limited warranties set forth in the Prize Car’s Owner’s Manual, if any, which warranties will run for the term set forth in the Manual. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the delivery date or, in its sole discretion, to substitute another model or another vehicle of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. The Prize Car will be released only upon presentation of valid driver’s license and satisfactory proof of insurance and any other documentation required by law.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Participants acknowledge that telephone calls placed to a Sweepstakes Line operated by Sponsor may be recorded for use on-air any time. Except where prohibited, participation in a Sweepstakes constitutes each participant’s irrevocable consent to the publication of his or her name in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes for any reason, including, but not limited to, in the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, public health crisis, governmental action, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC., CXR RADIO, LLC (d/b/a WSUN), GREAT BAY DISTRIBUTORS, INC., PEPIN DISTRIBUTING CO., ANHEUSER-BUSCH COMPANIES, LLC, FERMAN AUTOMOTIVE GROUP, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The Ultimate Tailgate Giveaway is sponsored by Cox Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Tampa. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after January 31, 2021 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.scorethistruck.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Ultimate Tailgate Giveaway, 11300 4th St. N. Suite 300, St. Petersburg, FL 33716. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Mike.email@example.com