On Air Now
No Program

Posted: February 11, 2019

Veteran says Bible survived devastating house fire, calls it sign from God

File photo of a Bible.
Free-Photos / Pixabay.com
File photo of a Bible.

By Michelle Ewing, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

BON SECOUR, Ala. —

After a devastating fire blazed through his home, a veteran is finding comfort in what he believes is a message from above – his grandfather's Bible, still in one piece.

>> See the photo here

My Grandpa Byrd’s Bible Story will be on Fox and Friends on Sunday Morning at 6:20 am. Wake up Early or Set your DVR to watch it! God Bless You!

Posted by Annette Byrd on Saturday, February 9, 2019

According to WALA and Fox News, Scot Byrd of Baldwin County, Alabama, lost his home to a fire last month. He and his family were not there when the fire broke out, destroying their belongings and killing their kitten.

>> Read more trending news 

"Today was a devastating start to the new year," the father of four wrote in a Jan. 7 Facebook post. "We lost our home of 22 years due to a Christmas tree fire in our living room, but I thank God we [were] at church."

>> See the post here

Today was a devistating start to the new year we lost our home of 22 years due to a Christmas tree fire in our living...

Posted by Scot Byrd on Sunday, January 6, 2019

Among the ashes, a firefighter spotted the Bible and was moved to tears, Byrd told WALA.

"He said, 'You're not going to believe this. You've gotta come see it for yourself,'" Byrd told the news station. "This Bible did not have one scorch mark on it.”

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

Members of the community have since rallied behind Byrd, whose 7-year-old daughter, Shelby, is in remission following a battle with leukemia. Thanks to their donations, the family, who are staying in Gulf Shores, have clothes, beds and the supplies the children need for school.

"We don't give up," said Byrd, who wants to rebuild his home, WALA reported.

>> Click here if you'd like to donate to the Byrds

im sorry we had a problem with the go fund me page this morning but it is now corrected and this is the active go fund me thank you n God bless

Posted by Scot Byrd on Sunday, February 10, 2019

Read more here or here.


Related

Bible survives blaze that destroyed home

welcomia/Shutterstock

Bible survives blaze that destroyed home

A fire destroyed almost everything a Texas man owned, except for one thing -- his Bible.

“He said that His word would not perish, and that Bible did not burn,” Charles House told KLTV.

House said he woke up Saturday morning to the smell of smoke and flames quickly spreading around his home, which was set up in a storage building that was converted into a home. 

He was living there, saving money for a larger home. 

>> Read more trending news 

The house was a total loss, but he did notice one thing as he rummaged through what was left, his Bible sat upon a charred side table, scorched but not destroyed, KLTV reported.

The cause of the house fire was “hazardous wiring” that caused the circuits to overload. The fire started inside the walls of the house and spread to the ceiling, KLTV reported.

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

 
 

The chat has been moved to the main Bone TV page under the video player. This is a new chat, so you will need to create a new account if you haven't already.
 

Mobile Apps

Take www.theboneonline.com everywhere you go! Download your app below from the Apple App Store:

Amazon Alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!