Let’s get this out of the way first – Sunday is Mother’s Day.
There, it’s said.
Next, don’t panic, we got this covered.
You may have forgotten that Sunday’s her day, but I promise you, your mom didn’t. To help you pull off the perfect, “Of course I didn’t forget” gift, we have put together a guide that will make you look like that hero child she tells everyone you are. Oh, and if you are a husband to a mom, don’t even think about pulling out that old chestnut, “No, I’m not buying her anything, she’s not my mother.”
Big mistake. Really big mistake.
Below is the guide to help you track down that perfect gift.
Which stores have Mother's Day sales?
Major retailers are advertising Mother's Day sales on everything from cameras to diamond necklaces.
Here are links to some of the ads for in-store and online merchandise that Mom might just love to have. (Click on the store name to see the ads).
Yes, there is an app for Mother's Day shopping
Here are a few apps that offer Mother's Day gift suggestions. Click on the name to take you to the app.
- Create a digital card for mom. You can choose backgrounds, draw, add your photos and more.
- A photo journal/scrapbook app, ScrapPad allows you to choose a layout then add photos to create a journal you can share through Facebook or email. Available in iTunes.
Open Table App
- If you're looking to make reservations for brunch Sunday, this app is for you. Open Table offers real-time, online restaurant reservations for eateries in your area.
Open Table Mobile includes several different apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Kindle Fire, webOS and Windows Phone.
American Greetings ecards
- If you want to send mom an ecard, this app is a good choice. American Greetings ecards app offers a pretty good selection of cards for you to personalize and email to mom. American Greetings ecards will work from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Mobile Coupons & Deals
- Mobile Coupons & Deals has links to deals and coupons from big-name retailers. The app is available on Google Play.
Tango Video Calls
- This app allows you to video chat live or send a recorded video message to mom. It's free and universal.
- This app asks for information about mom - age, interests, ego, etc. -- then offers gift suggestions with links to where you can buy them.