Michigan man dies after falling into tank of sulfuric acid

Close

Michigan Man Falls Into Tank Of Sulfuric Acid, Dies

- A Michigan man died Saturday after falling into a tank of sulfuric acid in South Lyon, WDIV reported.

>> Read more trending news 

The man, whose name has not been released, was rushed to a hospital after a co-worker pulled him out of the tank, the television station reported.

Police said the temperature of the acid at the suburban Detroit business was at least 160 degrees, the Detroit Free Press reported.

According to MedLine Plus, sulfuric acid is a very strong chemical that is corrosive in nature, meaning it can cause severe burns and tissue damage when it comes into contact with a person’s skin.

It is not known how long the man was in the tank, the Free Press reported.

Watch Live & On Demand

Get the latest news

the latest BONE TV on demand

"Alexa, play 102.5 The Bone"

Watch Mia Khalifa's Meltdown

Mobile Apps

Everything you love about theboneonline.com and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

AMAZON ALEXA

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!