Daytona International Speedway is the world’s only motorsports stadium – a world-class facility with premium amenities unmatched in the industry
- Made its debut during Speedweeks 2016. The new amenities include:
- All-new wider and more comfortable seats with improved sightlines
- Spacious concourses o Escalators and elevators
- Free WiFi throughout the concourses, Midway, FANZONE and campgrounds
- Twice as many restrooms and three times as many concessions and merchandise stands
- The new stadium was awarded the SportsBusiness Journal’s prestigious Sports Business Award for Sports Facility of the Year.
- Seating on the west end of the motorsports stadium provides spectacular vantage point overlooking the road course’s first turn
- The 55th anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona will begin a new era of Prototype competition with a new generation of race cars battling for the overall victory
- New cars in the GT classes (Lexus, Mercedes, Acura)
- North America’s most prestigious sports car race and the season-opening event to the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
- Champion drivers from various racing disciplines (NASCAR, IndyCar and Formula One) come to make history against the world’s best sports car racers.
-Four-time NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon to make second career start in Rolex 24
- International field of drivers including Portugal’s Joao Barbosa, America’s Scott Pruett, Brazil’s Christian Fittipaldi, Italy’s Max Papis and England’s Richard Westbrook -25th consecutive year that Rolex has served as the title sponsor
- Sports car racing has a long and illustrious history at the “World Center of Racing” dating back to the first event in 1962.
Rolex 24 experience
- The Rolex 24 is much more than a race. Fans will enjoy autograph sessions, a carnival atompshere, the DAYTONA 5K, garage access and 24 hours of non-stop sports car racing.
- Other events include: o The Taste of the 24
- The Wine and Cheese Party o Café 24 Breakfast Garage
- Wine and Cheese
- Two-day unreserved stadium admission starts at $49, four-day weekend passes are $95. Children 12 and under free all weekend
- Legendary open-wheel racer Dario Franchitti, who won three Indianapolis 500s as well as the 2008 Rolex 24 At Daytona, will serve as Grand Marshal
2016 Rolex 24 At Daytona Highlights In the first race following the completion of DAYTONA Rising
– the $400 million redevelopment project
–Tequila Patrón ESM Racing and drivers Luis Felipe Derani, Scott Sharp, Johannes van Overbeek and Ed Brown, captured the overall victory.
The No. 2 Honda Ligier JS P2 entry crossed the start/finish line 26.166 seconds ahead of the No. 10 Corvette DP of Wayne Taylor Racing driven by Max Angelelli, brothers Jordan and Ricky Taylor and Rubens Barrichello. Over the 24-hour span, the top-three finishing teams completed 736 laps around the 3.56-mile DIS road course
– a total of 2,620.16 miles, the approximate distance from Daytona Beach to Bakersfield, California.