Countryside Recreation Center: Clearwater, FL
!!!!IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL FOIL FENCERS!!!!!
Conductive Foil Bib Requirements
After August 1, 2012 the electric bib is required for all USA Fencing-sanctioned events, at all levels (local, regional, and national).
Details are as follows:
• The lamé part of the bib must cover all of the bib up to a horizontal line 1.5-2 cm below the chin.
• The mask cord must be 30-40 cm long, and can be of any color. It may be straight, or coiled.
• The mask cord must be attached on the non-weapon side of the bib.
• For foil events that do not require an electric bib, you are allowed to tape the edge of the bib to prevent conductivity.
• The electrical characteristics of the bib are the same as the lame.
• The electrical characteristics of the mask cord are the same as the body cord.
• Transparent masks are prohibited.
• Masks with exchangeable bibs are allowed. (If the inspection mark is placed on the bib, be sure not to change out your inspection mark!)
• Masks with overlay bibs are available and legal. Both the overlay and the mask itself must have inspection marks though to ensure the bib has no dead spots, and the mask itself is safe.
There are no changes to rules regarding masks for epee, but notably you may NOT use a saber mask or a foil mask with electric bib in epee. The metal on the bib/mask can ground out the opponent's tip. Transparent masks are prohibited.
Y10 Mixed Foil
Y12 Mixed Epee
Y12 Mixed Foil
Y14 Mixed Foil
Senior Women's Foil
D & Under Senior Mixed Epee
Senior Mixed Epee
D & Under Senior Mixed Foil
Senior Mixed Foil
Vet Combined Mixed Epee
Vet Combined Mixed Foil
Preregistration opens on 09/23/2012.
Preregistration closes on 11/15/2012.