On Air Now
No Program

celebrity news

200 items
Results 31 - 40 of 200 < previous next >

Watch: Pistons’ Boban Marjanovic gets down with ‘Chicken Noodle Soup’

Detroit Pistons center Boban Marjanovic showed off some of his dance moves with teammate Tobias Harris in an Instagram post, grooving to Webstar’s “Chicken Noodle Soup.”

>> Read more trending news

At 7-foot-3 and 290 pounds, Marjanovic knows how to clear it out when guarding the basket. The native of Serbia also displayed some nimble footwork and flexibility as he danced to the rap song.

Naturally, he finished off the dance with a soda on the side.

Watch the video:

Multiple women accuse James Franco of sexual misconduct, actor reportedly ‘in a really bad place’

Multiple women have come forward to accuse actor James Franco of sexually inappropriate behavior in a new report.

In a Los Angeles Times report published Thursday, five women -- including four former students -- accused Franco of sexual misconduct.

Hilary Dusome and Natalie Chmiel, former students of Franco’s at Playhouse West in North Hollywood, told the L.A. Times that the actor would put female students in uncomfortable situations. The two described a shoot at a strip club in which Franco asked, “So, who wants to take your shirt off?”

The women said Franco stormed off when no one obliged.

Katie Ryan met Franco at Playhouse West and took classes at Studio 4, the film school the actor launched in 2014 that closed last year. Ryan told the L.A. Times, “(Franco) would always make everybody think there were possible roles on the table if we were to perform sexual acts or take off our shirts.”

>> Read more trending news 

Violet Paley said she met Franco in 2016 and started a relationship with him when he pressured her into having oral sex. Paley, 23, told the publication the two later continued a consensual sexual relationship.

Sarah Tither-Kaplan, a former acting student, said she signed nudity agreements for each film she did with Franco -- a short film called “Hungry Girl,” which shows her topless, and the 2015 feature film “The Long Home.”

Tither-Kaplan said a producer on “The Long Home” asked her to film a bonus scene of an orgy, in which she appeared fully nude with Franco and other women. According to the actress, Franco was supposed to simulate oral sex, but removed the clear plastic guard during each simulation on the actresses.

Paley and Tither-Kaplan spoke out against Franco on Twitter Sunday during the Golden Globes. Franco was wearing a “Times Up” pin at the awards show, which calls attention to gender inequality and sexual harassment across different industries.

Franco denied the allegations while appearing on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” Tuesday. 

“Look, in my life,I pride myself on taking responsibility for the things I’ve done,” he said. “The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate, but I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice, because they didn’t have a voice for so long. So, I don’t want to shut them down in any way.”

“If I have done something wrong,” he said, “I will fix it — I have to.”

Related: James Franco denies allegations of sexual misconduct

Franco was also asked about the allegations while appearing on “Late Night with Seth Meyers” Thursday. He echoed his remarks to Colbert.

“There are people that need to be heard,” Franco said on the late-night talk show. “I have my own side of this story, but I believe in these people that have been underrepresented getting their stories out enough that I will hold back things that I could say, just because I believe in it that much,” he said. “So if I have to take a knock because I’m not going to try and actively refute things, then I will, because I believe in it that much.”

People reported that a person close to the situation says the actor is now laying low.

“He’s in a really bad place, so bad that he changed his phone number,” the unnamed source said. “His close friends are trying to be there for him, but it’s been hard – he’s only talking to a select group of people. For now, he’s just hiding out.”

Prince William said Harry has not asked him to be his best man -- yet

Prince Harry’s wedding to Meghan Markle is slightly more than four months away, but the prince has not officially named his best man.

>> Read more trending news

His older brother, Prince William, would be the logical choice, but Harry has kept quiet about it and William is keeping a respectful distance.

Speaking with United Kingdom radio host Roman Kemp on Wednesday, Prince William said his brother “hasn’t asked me yet, just to clear that up. It could be a sensitive subject.”

William, 35 also said he is “still working” through the conundrum of the wedding and the F.A. Cup soccer final, which both take place May 19.

Former British soccer star Rio Ferdinand asked if the wedding meant that William is likely to miss the big game. William, who normally goes to the final, replied that he was “trying to see what I can do” about the situation. People reported.

>> Prince Harry and Meghan Markle engaged: What to know

According to Town & Country, royal weddings don’t typically have a best man, and instead have “supporters” on either side.

The Duke of Cambridge broke with royal protocol and made Harry his best man for his wedding in 2011, The Express reported.

Taylor Swift’s ‘End Game’ video opens with positive reviews

The music video for “End Game,” the latest song lifted from Taylor Swift’s “Reputation” album, has been released and has garnered favorable reviews as Swifties flocked to view the clip online.

>> Read more trending news

The song began to trend on social media, and fans had mostly positive things to say about the video, Billboard reported. The clip also includes song collaborators Ed Sheeran and Future.

“This music video is literally ‘22’ all grown up,” one Twitter user posted. “This is the music video new romantics deserved. I’m so in love.”

In the clip, Swift dances with Future on a yacht and parties with Sheeran, Rolling Stone reported.

Swift released “End Game” in November as “Reputation’s” third single, following "Look What You Made Me Do" and "… Ready For It?”

Here is the music video and some reaction to it:

Seal calls out Oprah for being ‘part of the problem’ with Harvey Weinstein

While many people praised Oprah Winfrey following her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes Sunday, singer Seal said that Winfrey was “part of the problem” in Hollywood with a scathing post on social media.

Fox News reported that the singer took to Instagram on Wednesday to slam Winfrey by sharing a pair of images of Winfrey and disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein together. The text over the image read, “When you have been part of the problem for decades, but suddenly they all think you are the solution.”

>> Read more trending news 

Seal added in the caption, “Oh I forgot, that’s right…..you’d heard the rumours but you had no idea he was actually serially assaulting young starry-eyed actresses who in turn had no idea what they were getting into. My bad.”

Seal’s criticism was met with praise, but others seemed to consider the singer a hypocrite, including model and cookbook author Chrissy Teigen.

“Hmm. Let’s just say we’ve all heard things about each other, haven’t we?” she commented, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Another person took to Twitter and shared photos of Seal with Kevin Spacey, who has also faced multiple allegations of sexual misconduct, and Seal’s ex-wife and mother of his children, model Heidi Klum, posing with Weinstein.

Seal isn’t the only public figure who doesn’t think Winfrey would make a great president. Actress and comedian Roseanne Barr told reporters she thought she would make a better president than Winfrey during a press tour for the upcoming reboot of her sitcom, “Roseanne.”

“I do love Oprah. Of course, I love Oprah like everybody else. But you know what? I think it was time for us as a country to shake things up and, you know, try something different,” Barr said. “Actually, I think I’d be a better president than Oprah and Susan Sarandon, probably even President Trump. And I did run in 2012.”

In her speech, Winfrey called out perpetrators of sexual misconduct and harassment in Hollywood saying, “Their time is up!”

Soon after the awards show, many fans and celebrities, including Meryl Streep, called for Winfrey to try for the Oval Office in 2020.

“She launched a rocket tonight. I want her to run for president. I don’t think she had any intention (of declaring), but now she doesn’t have a choice,” Streep told The Washington Post on Sunday night.

Winfrey’s best friend and morning TV anchor, Gayle King, said the speech was not meant to be political, and that she isn’t considering running, People reported.

“She did not want it to be a political speech,” King said. “She wanted it to be a uniting speech.”

Willie Nelson abruptly ends, reschedules shows after flu 

Willie Nelson had to abruptly end a show in San Diego and cancel concert dates this week after getting the flu.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported the country legend had just hit the stage at Harrah’s Resort Southern California in Valley Center on Jan. 6. Before he could even finish the first song, “Whiskey River,” Nelson left the stage and didn’t return. The show was called off, and several more shows scheduled for the following week were also canceled.

>> Read more trending news 

The newspaper reported that several fans attending the show noticed that the 84-year-old country icon was coughing and seemed to be experiencing difficulty breathing, and a representative for Nelson confirmed to the paper that the award-winning singer had developed either a “bad cold or flu” and would return home to Texas to fully recuperate.

Nelson’s Jan. 8 show in Palm Springs, California, was canceled, as were Wednesday, Friday and Saturday shows at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas and Sunday’s show in Laughlin, Nevada, according to Nelson’s rep.

According to the country music legend’s website, those dates are rescheduled for October.

This isn’t the first time that the legendary country star has had to abort a performance due to illness. Last August, Nelson was forced to end a show in Salt Lake City when he fell ill. He was rushed to a hospital, but blamed altitude for the sudden health issue. He canceled shows last year in January and then again in February due to undisclosed health issues.

Nelson has seemingly suffered from respiratory issues ever since he had a lung collapse while surfing in Hawaii in the 1980s. He did give up smoking cigarettes, but is believed to still support a healthy enthusiasm for marijuana. 

Even with a couple of rounds of health battles in 2017, Nelson was still able to release a new album, “God’s Problem Child,” in April and did some shows with fellow country singer Kacey Musgraves.

Nelson’s next tour dates are next month, starting Feb. 7 in Macon, Georgia, with Los Lonely Boys.

Ricky Martin confirms marriage to artist Jwan Yosef

Ricky Martin started the new year as a married man.

The 46-year-old singer and actor confirmed to E! News that he married his partner, artist Jwan Yosef

“I’m a husband, but we’re doing a heavy party in a couple of months, I'll let you know,” Martin told a reporter at the premiere of “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story” Wednesday.

>> Read more trending news 

“We exchanged vows, and we’ve swear (sic) everything, and we've signed all the papers that we needed to sign, prenups and everything,” Martin said.

Martin, father to 9-year-old twins Matteo and Valentino, started dating Yosef in 2016. The two got engaged that same year.

A bigger party is to come, Martin said.

“The typical three-day party, the dinner, the rehearsal, the party and the recovery,” he said.

Before he announced the marriage, Martin said he and Yosef hope to have a big family together.

"I would love to have a big family,” Martin said on the Golden Globes red carpet Sunday. “Yes, I do want a big family, but there’s a lot going on at the moment with a lot of work, wedding, it’s a lot going on. So we’re going to put things in order first and then we’re going to get ready for many more kids.”

Martin said Wednesday that he was enjoying married life.

“It feels amazing. I can’t introduce him as my fiancé. I can't. He’s my husband. He’s my man,” Martin said.

Motorhead guitarist Fast Eddie Clarke dead at 67

Fast Eddie Clarke, a former member of the British rock band Motorhead, has died at age 67.

The New York Times reported that the death of the guitarist in the best-known lineup of the band was confirmed by manager Todd Singerman. 

Clarke was being treated for pneumonia in a London hospital Wednesday when he died.

“We are devastated to pass on the news we only just heard ourselves earlier tonight...Edward Allan Clarke - or as we all know and love him Fast Eddie Clarke - passed away peacefully yesterday,” a post on the Motorhead Facebook page said. “Ted Carroll (who formed Chiswick Records) made the sad announcement via his FB page, having heard from Doug Smith that Fast Eddie passed peacefully in hospital where he was being treated for pneumonia.”

>> Read more trending news 

Past members of the band reacted to the news, as did Metallica co-founder Lars Ulrich and others in the rock music community.

“Just heard the sad news that fast Eddie Clarke has passed away,” Phil Campbell, who was the guitarist in Motorhead from 1984 to 2015, said in a statement. “Such a shock, he will be remembered for his iconic riffs and was a true rock n roller. RIP Eddie.”

“Thank you for the riffs. Thank you for the solos. Thank you for the attitude. Thank you for being in the coolest band,” Ulrich said on Twitter Thursday. “Thank you for inspiring me to go down the same path.”

Clarke was the last living member of the band’s original lineup, which was pointed out in a statement from Mikkey Dee, who was a drummer for Motorhead from 1992 to 2015 and is currently a drummer for the German rock band Scorpions.

“This is terrible news, the last of the three amigos. I saw Eddie not too long ago and he was in great shape, so this is a complete shock,” Dee said. “Me and Eddie always hit it off great. I was looking forward to seeing him in the U.K. this summer when we come around with the Scorps…now Lem and Philthy can jam with Eddie again, and if you listen carefully I’m sure you’ll hear them, so watch out!!! My thoughts go out to Eddie's family and close ones.”

Related: Photos: Notable deaths 2018

Clarke, born Edward Allen Clark, joined the first iteration of Motorhead in 1976 with bassist Lemmy, whose real name was Ian Fraser Kilmister, and drummer Phil Taylor. Taylor died in November 2015 at age 61, Kimlister died at age 70 in December 2015.

After leaving Motorhead, he formed the hard rock group Fastway in 1983. The group issued its condolences on Twitter.

“We have lost a legend,” Fastway said in a tweet Thursday. “Our thoughts are with his family and friends. He will be sorely missed.”

Disgraced movie producer Harvey Weinstein assaulted as he leaves Arizona restaurant

A video obtained by TMZ shows accused sexual predator Harvey Weinstein being physically assaulted as he leaves a restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Weinstein was reportedly dining at an establishment called Elements when he was approached by a fellow diner identified only as Steve who asked for a photograph. Weinstein politely declined, and continued his meal.

As Weinstein was leaving the restaurant, Steve followed the disgraced Hollywood producer and lunged for him, slapping him twice while his friend filmed the altercation.

Hollywood was rocked by allegations against Weinstein toward the end of 2017,when dozens of women came forward to say they were sexually harassed by the movie mogul — allegations he initially denied.

>> Read more trending news 

Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie were both among those who came forward with their own experiences with Weinstein, saying that the powerful movie producer sexually harassed them. Several other women then accused Weinstein of rape, according to a report from The New Yorker.

The New York Times reported Thursday that, over decades, Weinstein reached eight settlements with women who accused him of unwanted physical contact and sexual assault.

In October, TMZ reported that Weinstein flew from Los Angeles to Arizona for treatment in an inpatient program. The news came shortly after his wife, designer Georgina Chapman, announced their separation.

“My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions. I have chosen to leave my husband,” Chapman said in a statement to PEOPLE. “Caring for my young children is my first priority, and I ask the media for privacy at this time.”

Related: Harvey Weinstein’s wife Georgina Chapman leaving him amid sexual harassment allegations

“I sat down with my wife Georgina, who I love more than anything, and we discussed what was best for our family,” Weinstein said in a statement the day after Chapman’s announcement. “We discussed the possibility of a separation and I encouraged her to do what was in her heart. In the end, she made the decision to separate.”

The two have since reached a settlement on their divorce.

Weinstein and Chapman are parents to India Pearl, 7, and Dashiell Max Robert, 4. 

Weinstein was also fired from his film studio hours after he reportedly emailed a plea to Hollywood CEOs and moguls to prevent the ousting.

Robert De Niro goes on profanity-laced rant on President Trump at awards show

Robert De Niro has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, and he continued to rail on the commander in chief Tuesday night.

CNN reported that De Niro was addressing an audience at the National Board of Review Annual Awards Gala in New York City and compared the Trump administration’s attacks on the media to those carried out by former President Richard Nixon.

>> Read more trending news 

Video of the speech came from audience members, who quoted De Niro’s harsh condemnations on social media. The New York Times and The Washington Post also reported on De Niro’s criticism of Trump. 

The actor made the remarks in a speech before introducing actress Meryl Streep, who has also been outspoken against Trump.

“This (expletive) idiot is the president. It’s The Emperor’s New Clothes -- the guy is a (expletive) fool ... our baby-in-chief -- the ‘(expletive)in-chief’ I call him,” De Niro said.

The actor’s remarks against Trump started before the 2016 presidential election, when he urged voters to cast their ballots for Hillary Clinton.

“I know we’re here to celebrate movies in Hollywood … but it’s two days before a frightening election, and the shadow of politics is hanging over us whether we like it or not, and it’s hard for me to think about anything else,” De Niro told the audience at the 2016 Hollywood Film Awards. “So let me just lay it out right here — we have the opportunity to prevent a comedy from turning into a tragedy. Vote for Hillary Tuesday.”

Others who attended Tuesday’s event were Whoopi Goldberg, Angelina Jolie, actress and former Miss Israel Gal Gadot and late-night TV talk show host Stephen Colbert.

200 items
Results 31 - 40 of 200 < previous next >