On Air Now
No Program

celebrity news

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >

Neil Diamond diagnosed with Parkinson’s, retiring from touring

Neil Diamond will retire from touring due to a recent diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease.

>> Read more trending news 

The renowned singer-songwriter announced the news in a statement Monday that said his doctors advised that he cancel the upcoming leg of his 50th anniversary tour set for Australia and New Zealand.

“It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring,” Diamond said. “I have been so honored to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years. My sincerest apologies to everyone who purchased tickets and were planning to come to the upcoming shows. I plan to remain active in writing, recording and other projects for a long time to come. My thanks go out to my loyal and devoted audiences around the world. You will always have my appreciation for your support and encouragement. This ride has been ‘so good, so good, so good’ thanks to you.”

Diamond turns 77 on Wednesday and, in a bittersweet turn, this weekend will be honored at the Grammy Awards with a Lifetime Achievement Award.

The storied songwriter behind such chestnuts as “Love on the Rocks,” “I Am, I Said,” “Sweet Caroline,” “Forever in Blue Jeans,” “Heartlight” and dozens more, launched his anniversary tour in April 2017.

>> Related: Grammy Awards 2018: What time, what channel, who is nominated, who will perform 

His most recent non-holiday album, “Melody Road,” was released in 2014.

Megyn Kelly still angry at Jane Fonda, calls her ‘Hanoi Jane’ months after plastic surgery tiff

It seems that neither Megyn Kelly or Jane Fonda has forgotten about that awkward September interview in which Fonda shut Kelly down after the latter asked about possible plastic surgery.

>> Read more trending news   

In the interview, Kelly asked Fonda about aging and plastic surgery when she and Robert Redford were on “Megyn Kelly Today” to promote their film “Our Souls at Night.” Fonda didn’t want to talk about the topic and snapped, “We really want to talk about that now?”

Things never really got back on track after that, and the incident came up again just last week, when Fonda appeared on “TODAY” with her “Grace & Frankie” co-star Lily Tomlin. When Hoda Kotb asked how long the veteran actresses have been friends, Tomlin replied, “Oh, my gosh … I think before your first facelift!”

While Kotb and Savannah Guthrie exploded in a fit of giggles, Fonda was clearly unamused. “Never mind! Never mind!” she said. “Who are you, Megyn Kelly?”

On Monday, Kelly took time out of her show to address the actress’s remarks.

“And, now, a word on Jane Fonda, who appears to be fixated on an exchange I had with her months ago on this show,” Kelly said introducing the clip from September on her show on Monday. “When she first complained, publicly after the program and repeatedly after the program, I chose to say nothing because my general philosophy is what other people think of me is none of my business.”

>> Related: After Matt Lauer’s firing, new NBC employee accuses ‘Megyn Kelly Today’ staff

“It’s time to address the ‘poor me’ routine,” Kelly said. She told the audience and TV viewers that Fonda appeared on her show last September to promote a film “about aging.”

“To her credit, she has discussed her cosmetic surgery pretty much everywhere before coming on our show,” Kelly said.

Kelly then played a clip of a previous Fonda “Today Show” appearance discussing her history with plastic surgery, then referenced Fonda’s other interviews on the topic.

“Apparently, when she came here, however, again, to promote her film about aging, I was supposed to discern that this subject was suddenly off limits,” Kelly said. “Look, I gave her the chance to empower other women, young and old, on a subject which she purports to know well, and she rejected it. That’s OK. But I have no regrets about that question, nor am I in the market for a lesson from Jane Fonda on what is or is not appropriate.”

The hits kept on coming when Kelly brought up the “outrage” Fonda has caused in the past.

“After all, this is a woman whose name is synonymous with outrage. Look at her treatment of our military during the Vietnam War,” Kelly said as the audience cheered. “Many of our veterans still call her ‘Hanoi Jane.'”

Kelly then listed Fonda’s multiple offenses and added, “By the way, she still says she is not proud of America.”

>> Related: Rocker John Mellencamp’s daughter joins cast of ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’

It’s unclear if Fonda plans on responding to Kelly’s insults, but Fonda fans responded on Twitter.

Kardashian-Jenner sisters pose for Calvin Klein photo shoot

The Kardashian-Jenner family stripped down for a photo shoot campaign promoting the Calvin Klein brand’s popular underwear line.

>> Read more trending news 

While Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian and Kendall Jenner bared their midriffs in the photoshoot, 20-year-old Kylie Jenner covered hers up with a red and white quilt. In other shots from the shoot, Kylie Jenner — well known for showing off her figure — kept her stomach hidden at all times.

Amid rampant speculation that she’s expecting a daughter with her 25-year-old boyfriend, rapper Travis Scott, the young makeup mogul has made few public appearances and stayed off social media almost entirely. Some fans of the reality stars claim that Kylie Jenner has actually been the surrogate for Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West, who welcomed daughter Chicago West last week.

Related: Kim Kardashian, Kanye West welcome third child via surrogate

Khloé Kardashian, 33, confirmed her pregnancy with Tristan Thompson in December before going on a media tour, where she was unsuccessfully pressured to spill news about her younger sister’s pregnancy. 

Considering there’s no hint of a bump for Khloé Kardashian or Kylie Jenner in the underwear shoot, it’s possible the shoot was completed long before Khloé Kardashian’s bump reveal and Kylie Jenner is likely much farther along than her big sister, who confirmed that she’s six months along in early January.

Related: Khloe Kardashian confirms pregnancy: ‘My greatest dream realized’

While the older Kardashians are willing to chat up a storm about their own babies, it looks like the youngest of the group is going to maintain her radio silence.

“Kylie wants to disappear and be out of the spotlight and focus on her health and happiness,” a source told People late last year. “Kylie isn’t going to publicly address her pregnancy until she gives birth. She’s not doing any public appearances and just wanted to take six months off.”

PHOTOS: Pink through the years

Images of singer and songwriter Pink throughout the years.

Olivia Munn shut down Chris Pratt dating rumors by texting Anna Faris

Actors Olivia Munn and Chris Pratt sparked dating rumors when the pair were spotted having dinner over the weekend, but Munn says they are not together.

Just Jared reported that the 37-year-old “Magic Mike” actress took to social media to shut down rumors, and she had receipts from a surprising source.

>> Read more trending news 

“1. Not every woman is scorned and upset after a breakup,” she wrote in an Instagram story on Sunday.

Munn added, “2. Not every woman is ‘furious’ at another woman for dating her ex. 3. So even if I was dating @prattprattpratt, some tabloids got me and @annafaris all wrong. 4. Women respect and love each other a lot more than some people like to think.”

After posting the messages to prove her point, Munn shared a conversation between herself and Pratt’s ex-wife, Anna Faris, in which she clarified to Faris that the rumors were not true.

“I wanted to reach out to you personally to tell you the story about me and Chris dating has 0% truth,” Munn wrote in part. “I’m sure you already know it’s not true, or maybe didn’t care either way, but I just wanted to reach out personally to tell you it’s not true.”

Thanking her for being sweet for assuring her, Faris, 41, replied that she would be “thrilled” to have Munn as her “new sister in law” if the rumors had been true.

Pratt and Faris announced their split in August 2017 after eight years of marriage in a joint statement on social media before officially filing for divorce in December.

While it appears Pratt is keeping his bachelor badge for the time being, his ex-wife-to-be returned to the dating world two months after the couple publicly called it quits. Faris was first spotted in October with her cinematographer boyfriend, Michael Barrett. The couple reportedly met in September while working on her forthcoming comedy remake “Overboard.”

Munn and her ex-boyfriend NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers split in spring 2017 after three years of dating. Last week Danica Patrick confirmed she and Rodgers were dating.

Kristen Bell mocks Melania Trump during SAG Awards opening monologue

Host Kristen Bell kicked off the 24th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards with a brief but punchy monologue that included a subtle joke at first lady Melania Trump’s expense.

>> PHOTOS: 2018 SAG Awards red carpet

>> PHOTOS: 2018 SAG Awards show

“There has never been a host for this awards show before,” Bell said. “First time. First person. First lady! I honestly never thought I would grow up to be the first lady, but you know what, I kind of like it. I think my first initiative as first lady will be cyberbullying … because I have yet to see any progress on that problem quite yet.”

>> 2018 SAG Awards: Gary Oldman, Frances McDormand, complete list of winners

Despite not directly referencing the first lady, it seemed like Bell was alluding to Melania Trump's mission to end cyberbullying.

>> Morgan Freeman honored with lifetime achievement award at SAG Awards

“I’m looking at you Tony Hale!” she said, gesturing toward the “Veep” actor. “You’re a bully! You guys, he’s a savage on Twitter!”

>> Alison Brie weighs in on sexual misconduct allegations against brother-in-law James Franco

Bell’s monologue came to a close with a message of encouragement for the Time's Up movement, which fights against sexual harassment and inequality for women in the workplace.

>> Read more trending news 

“We are living in a watershed moment, and as we march forward with active momentum and open our ears, let’s make sure we’re leading the charge with empathy and diligence,” she told the audience before ending on a gag. “Because fear and anger never win the race. Most importantly, regardless of our differences, I think we can all come together and delight in one thing — ‘Frozen 2’ is coming out in theaters in 2019! I’m very excited.”

Watch the whole thing below:

Alison Brie weighs in on sexual misconduct allegations against brother-in-law James Franco

E!’s red carpet coverage of the 24th annual Screen Actors Guild awards got off to an awkward start when host Giuliana Rancic asked nominee Alison Brie a surprise question about the sexual misconduct allegations against her brother-in-law, James Franco.

>> PHOTOS: 2018 SAG Awards red carpet

>> PHOTOS: 2018 SAG Awards show

Brie is married to Franco’s brother, Dave Franco, who appears in “The Disaster Artist” alongside James and Brie.

>> 2018 SAG Awards: Gary Oldman, Frances McDormand, complete list of winners

Rancic began by pointing out that both she and Brie are supporters of the Time’s Up movement: “So much of the movement has to do with transparency and, as you know, your family and your brother-in-law has been in the news recently. What are your thoughts on that and what can you share about how that’s affected you and your family?”

>> Read more trending news 

Brie responded: “I think that above all what we’ve always said is that it remains vital that anyone who feels victimized should and does have the right to speak out and come forward. I obviously support my family and not everything that’s been reported is fully accurate, so I think we’re waiting to get all of the information. But of course I think now is a time for listening and that’s what we’re all trying to do.”

Watch the awkward exchange below:

Michael Phelps reveals he considered suicide after 2012 Olympics

Swimmer Michael Phelps has revealed that after the 2012 Olympics, he considered suicide.

>> Michael Phelps and wife Nicole expecting second child

“Really, after every Olympics I think I fell into a major state of depression,” he told David Axelrod at the fourth annual conference of the Kennedy Forum, an organization for mental health advocacy, according to CNN. Phelps revealed that after winning four gold medals and two silver medals at the 2012 Olympics, the depression got worse, and he couldn’t leave his room for days.

“I didn’t want to be in the sport anymore … I didn’t want to be alive anymore,” he said.

Eventually, Phelps decided he needed to seek help.

>> Read more trending news 

“I remember going to treatment my very first day. I was shaking, shaking because I was nervous about the change that was coming up,” Phelps said. “I needed to figure out what was going on.”

After getting his life back on track, Phelps started the Michael Phelps Foundation, which works with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. He also has been open about his struggles with mental health and depression.

>> WATCH: Michael Phelps races great white shark ... sort of

“I think people actually finally understand it is real. People are talking about it, and I think this is the only way that it can change,” he said. “That’s the reason why suicide rates are going up; people are afraid to talk and open up.”

Phelps said that now, he is thankful to be alive. He is now married to his longtime love, Nicole Johnson, and has a son, Boomer, with another on the way, due later this year.

“I am extremely thankful that I did not take my life,” he said.

John Legend blames Trump for government shutdown, calls him racist

Grammy and Oscar-winning singer John Legend is claiming that President Donald Trump and his team’s alleged racism are behind the government shutdown.

>> Trump campaign ad calls Democrats 'complicit' in killings by undocumented immigrants

Legend, who has vocally criticized Trump Sr. and Jr. both in the past, tweeted the following just after midnight Saturday:

“The reason the government shutdown is that Trump and his team have an ideological commitment to allowing fewer black and brown people into the country #TrumpShutdown #TrumpIsARacist,” Legend tweeted.

>> Shutdown nixes Trump visit to Mar-a-Lago; party goes on with son Eric headlining

Legend has called Trump a racist before.

Most recently, Legend tweeted on Jan. 11 that Trump is “a racist” and “has been for his entire public life.”

That came in response to vulgar remarks Trump allegedly made about immigrants from African countries.

In April, Legend said he thinks that Trump is a “terrible president.”

“He’s manifestly unqualified, not curious, not good at legislating or doing anything that his job requires. He doesn’t have any depth about any subject,” he said. “And he’s also using the office of the presidency as a way to make money for himself with his businesses, so he’s corrupt.”

“I can’t say anything nice about the guy. I think he’s one of the worst people I’ve encountered in public life,” he added.

As early as December 2016 in an interview with Rolling Stone, Legend made the same accusation.

>> Read more trending news 

When asked for his response to a Trump presidency, Legend said: “He’s been consistent about being a racist and about a couple of other things, but he’s also been wildly inconsistent and lied a lot. So we truly don’t know how he’s gonna govern.”

Legend added: “We haven’t seen anyone like him before. It’s a very kind of different world now, knowing that someone’s going to possibly dismantle a lot of what Obama accomplished. I don’t know where we’re going to go.”

Legend went on to say he believes it is his role as an artist to “tell the truth and reflect what’s going on.”

“We just have to be vigilant and get through this, and then hopefully it’ll be over soon,” he said.

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >